Top 5 On-Demand App Ideas to Kick-Start a Money Making Start-Up
Table of Contents
At present, the on-demand services app industry has turned to a Mint. No matter which industry you choose to trade in, success is guaranteed. The time is right to invest in a promising on-demand app as the success rate of emerging start-ups is high. Especially when there are over 2.14 billion global digital buyers to count on.
The covid-19 pandemic has influenced the graph of on-demand apps to jog upwards. During the lockdown, the consumer transition to online sales channels drastically increased. As a result, there was a 19% additional increase in global sales revenue as compared to the expected forecast.
Moreover, the global on-demand services app market adds a trillion dollars to the world economy. Consumers in the US alone are spending USD 57.6 billion in the on-demand economy. The below infographic depicts the bifurcation of annual on-demand economy spending by US consumers.
Those were convincing statistics, right? We are sure you are tempted to kick in an on-demand app right away for your start-up. However, before investing in any business, it is very important to study its impact on your business and your customers. Here we have some important and interesting information about on-demand apps. To start with the technical aspect.
What are on-demand apps and how do they work?
On-demand apps are web/mobile-based service platforms that facilitate waiting-time-sensitive user-generated demands catered by independent service providers or contractors.
On this platform, businesses can showcase their products, services, and offerings; whereas customers can stream through a wide variety of options for deliverable products/services.
It functions according to three working models, B2B (Business to Business), B2C (Business to Customer) and C2C (Customer to Customer).
Some common on-demand services apps are food & grocery delivery apps, Healthcare & Telemedicine apps, Salon & Spa services apps, Health & Fitness apps, Transportation & Logistics apps, home services apps, Entertainment apps, Travel & Tourism apps, and others.
Some on-demand services start-ups that gained both success and popularity are:
What are the Benefits of On-demand apps?
For Business development :
- On-demand apps enable user data analytics. By studying user activities, you can understand their behavioral patterns. This can help you in devising new business strategies and marketing plans based on customer reviews & feedback.
- On-demand apps are dynamic, flexible, and highly scalable. You can expand or roll out updates at any point, without impacting the functioning of the entire platform.
- Service providers or contractors can easily confirm bookings and maintain an automated record. On-demand apps support automated logging.
- On-demand apps are cost-effective and tend to offer improved customer support.
- On-demand apps follow strict user authentication & authorization protocols. Hence are safe & secure to use.
For consumers :
- On-demand apps are customer-centric. Users can easily book or cancel orders as well as confirm/reschedule/cancel appointments according to their convenience.
- On-demand apps enable a real-time order-tracking system backed by GPS navigation. So, consumers can easily track the live location of their orders till delivered.
- On-demand apps support multiple payment options along with modern payment methods like e-wallets and cryptocurrencies.
- Customers can avail No-cost EMI option and pay in instalments without paying interest.
Now that you have a clear understanding of on-demand apps, let us delve deeper into some interesting and unique app ideas for your start-up.
Top-5 on-demand app ideas to kick-start a Money Making Start-up.
1. On-demand e-Learning App :
The covid-19 pandemic has paved new avenues for growth in the e-learning digital education sector. The global e-learning market size valued at USD 315 billion in 2021 is expected to garner USD 1 trillion by 2028, growing at a proliferating CAGR of 20% from 2022 to 2028.
Moreover, 65% of educators support digital education models and believe that e-learning apps help perceive education better.
Statistics are suggesting that e-learning apps are expected to have high adoption rates and are not becoming outdated so soon. So you can consider investing in it.
Some important features you can integrate into your e-learning app to make it unique are:
- As it is an educational app, we recommend a creative, engaging, and highly interactive content management and delivery system.
- You can incorporate HD videos, podcasts, and interesting infographics to convey complex information in a simple format.
- Keep it short. Consider infusing micro-learning into your app. Smaller chunks of information are better perceived by students.
- Design your app to stream through downloaded content in offline mode.
- Integrate an automated logging system to track students’ attendance and progress. You can also set a drip-feeding content feature that monitors student activity and let them proceed to the next level only after completing prior levels.
- Integrate a planner to plan weekly/monthly activities. This makes it easy for teachers and educators to work parallelly.
- Offer personalized learning experiences so that users can leverage app features according to their preferences.
- Integrate Metaverse into your app to leverage a highly interactive & intuitive user experience.
- Increase engagement rates with educational games, mental exercise tests, and quizzes.
- Add in-app messaging, in-app purchases, in-app offers and rewards, as well as push notifications.
- Integrate multiple payment options.
- Build intact security with user authentication and login.
- You can also motivate your students with badges or medals for achieving milestones.
2. On-demand Income tax E-filing apps :
You can opt for a Government Affiliated tax e-filling on-demand app that offers cloud-based taxation and financial solutions for B2B and B2C models.
Tax filing is a complex task and many find it difficult to file income tax accurately. As a result, they have to pay penalties.
The majority of Fintech companies are emphasizing simplifying tax management with automation. The global tax management software market size valued at USD 5.24 billion in 2018 is expected to reach USD 11.9 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2019 to 2026.
Cloud-based tax management apps can help large-scale businesses to configure tax rates, generate tax reports on a unified platform, and perform tax accounting. Besides, a fully orchestrated tax management system improves audit efficiency.
Your app can help individual taxpayers with online tax registration, tax assessment, tax saving, tax monitoring, tax security, e-filling of tax returns, as well as e-processing of returns & refunds by tax authorities in less time.
You can also integrate tax management tools like income tax calculator, salary calculator, e-invoice, automated document uploading, and others.
There are over 500 tax e-filling platforms across the globe, and some of the most popular are Clear, H&R block, Taxfix, Liberty Tax, TaxScouts, etc.
3. On-demand e-wallet apps :
Currently ‘touch n go’ is the new trend in the digital payment market. E-wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and others have made a payment so easy and feasible that users can go cashless internationally without worrying a bit.
Most importantly, e-wallets do not save confidential card credentials (PIN or password) to protect user privacy. Moreover, a strict user authentication and authorization system along with dual security checks before processing payments, make it more trustworthy. So, in case the user’s device is stolen or damaged, the app’s firewall keeps user data safe and secure.
In 2021, 49% of online transactions across the globe were performed through e-wallets. Key players are expecting that by the year 2024, more than half (53%) of online transactions will be carried out through e-wallets. This implies that more and more people are going to make payments through e-wallets. So, the chances that your on-demand e-wallet app thrives are high.
Some important features to consider for your on-demand e-wallet app are:
- Integrate multiple payment modes through debit/credit/visa cards, QR codes, Bluetooth payment as well as cryptocurrency payment.
- Your app must allow easy access to transaction history and generate monthly transaction statements.
- You can attract more users by offering in-app rewards, vouchers, cashback offers, or loyalty schemes.
- Build an app with high compatibility so that it can easily incorporate with other apps.
4. On-demand Smart Parking App :
How many times has it happened that you do not get a parking space and have to loop around miles in search of a parking lot? A smart parking system is a solution to concerns regarding overcrowded & congested parking spaces in urban areas.
Also, smart parking apps can prove very useful to solve parking issues during public gatherings, sports events, concerts, or any such occasion where space constraints are at their peak.
You can build an on-demand smart parking app that provides users with real-time data details of available parking lots, as well as allow them to book a space for their vehicle in advance. Hence, the problem is solved and you are also helping them reduce their carbon footprint by decreasing vehicular emissions.
The global smart parking system market valued at USD 5.57 billion in 2021 is expected to proliferate at a CAGR of 21.2% from 2022 to 2030. This shows an elevating graph for growth. Hence, investing in an on-demand smart parking app can be a good & green idea.
Some popular smart parking apps in the market are ParkMobile, BestParking, ParkWhiz, SpotHero, Parkman, etc.
Advanced Features to add to your app are:
- An accurate GPS navigation system
- ‘Find my car’ feature
- Allow access through wide demographics by supporting registered parking spaces across different countries.
- An option to compare pricing
- Multiple payment options
- A simple UI and easy-to-operate functionalities.
5. On-demand Fuel assistance apps:
Imagine you are driving in a remote place and there are no fuel stations nearby. Or on a highway, you missed a nearby fuel station, and the next is far away. Plus, you are out of fuel. What can you do except wait eagerly for help to arrive? At such times, on-demand fuel assistance apps can prove to be a boon.
Mobile fuel delivery is a revolutionary approach petroleum industries are looking forward to. The mobile fuel delivery market size valued at USD 4.8 billion in 2022 is expected to garner USD 9.3 billion by 2032, growing at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2022 to 2032.
Mobile fuel delivery is an emerging market. Your on-demand fuel assistance app has a high chance to turn into a profitable app as it has to face a smaller number of competitors.
Moreover, the on-demand fuel assistance app must:
- On inquiry, detect the whereabouts of the consumer.
- Specify the type of fuel the consumer requires (petrol, diesel, gas or electric power supply for EVs)
- Render express fuel delivery with the minimal waiting time.
- Support multiple payment modes.
Some popular On-demand fuel delivery apps are Yoshi, Fuelster, CAFU, Fuel Buddy, Booster Fuel, etc.
How to choose a perfect on-demand app idea for your start-up?
There are millions and zillions of app ideas out there. We have sorted the top-5-million-dollar on-demand app ideas for your start-up that promise great ROI (Return on Investment). However, choosing a suitable app development idea for your business completely depends on the following factors:
- Your business goals
- App development niche
- Your target audience
- Demographics to trade in
- Right platform for app development (Android, iOS, hybrid)
- Start-up budget
- An idea about present channels.
How to hire on-demand app developers for your start-up?
Once you decide on which app idea to implement for your start-up, the next thing you need is an efficient development team to help you build a robust on-demand app.
The team you hire decides whether your app will turn successful or not. So, you must choose wisely. How? Here we have some important points to consider while hiring an on-demand app development company:
- Verify the company’s portfolio, brand reputation and brand value.
- Check for client testimonials, reviews and feedback.
- Check the efficiency of the development team by conducting technical interviews.
- Outsourcing is also a good option as you can hire talented resources at minimal fees.
Moreover, be transparent. Discuss your business requirements. Be precise about your business goals, and timelines. Discuss the overall budget for app development. And, set your expectations right.
Depending on your business niche, you can choose any of the above-discussed on-demand app ideas for your start-up. We are fans of unique and innovative ideas. So, if you have any on-demand app ideas for start-ups, do share them with me.
Being the founder of one of the top software development companies, me and my team are on a mission to build highly profitable and successful apps for a decade. We can help you build a robust on-demand app for your start-up, guaranteeing great ROI. Let me know what your next idea is and I can help you transform it into a stunning reality.